Friday, November 8, 2013

ASPCA 2013 Dog of the Year

Remember when I posted this blog about Xena the Warrior Puppy?  That blog was about the difference between Therapy dogs and Companion dogs.  This is what Xena looked like when she was found in September of 2012:



I found out a couple days ago that Xena has been selected the ASPCA Dog of the year for 2013.  The story of her rescue and her bond with Jonny has gone international.  They are now spokesdog and spokesboy for Autism and are 'spreading the word' about autism to the world.

This photo of Jonny congratulating Xena is just so precious.


 

I just wanted to take a moment to Congratulate Xena & Jonny and their amazing family.  They are such an inspiration for Autism and Animal Rescue. 



Be Well & Be Happy,
Pet~Pourri

3 comments:

  1. How could anyone let a dog get into such a state in the first place? Congratulations to Xena and Jonny!

    Dina Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I first saw the picture, I thought the dog was dead, and I cried. Then I saw the rest of the article, realized Xena was still alive in that condition, and I cried harder. God bless the ASPCA!!!

    ReplyDelete