Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Moggies Rule




We’ve all heard mixed breed dogs called Mutts…but do you know what mixed breed cats are called?  Yes…that’s right…they are called Moggies.  It is a British slang word as I learned in this article about the top 5 reasons Moggies are Awesome.
 
 
 

They are less prone to diseases that purebred cats get, since short hair is dominant in Moggies they are self-grooming, (meaning we don’t have to brush them like we would long haired cats), they are unusually smart, they don’t have a predisposed disposition, and of course they are just as beautiful as their purebred counterparts.  I’m sold…how about you?
 
 
 

And of course my readers who know me know that when I learn a new term I have to Google it to see what else comes up.  Thus I came across this article about what Moggies get up to behind their owners backs.  In this study 50 cats were fitted with GPS Collars and ‘Cat Cams’.  What a fun story.  I’m going to see if I can find this show, (Horizon: The Secret Life of Cats), online and watch it.  I’m amazed at the territory these cats covered in just one week.
 
 
 

In Australia, Moggies, is a website for cat adoption.  What a great idea.  The cats shown are adorable.  I find if fascinating to see what other countries do in the way of animal rescue. 
 
 
Don’t you just love learning something new?

Be Well & Be Happy,
Pet~Pourri

2 comments:

  1. Good going Stacie. I love learning something new.
    kat

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you Stacie. like the dog cats have many breeds and they are know as the Moggie.

    _______________
    get information all about pet dogs in India

    ReplyDelete