Thursday, December 19, 2013

Christmas Toys

 


I don’t know about you, but I am behind on my Christmas shopping this year.  I went shopping for presents for the puppies today and went to my favorite Hy-Vee.  I know many of you are thinking what can I find for my pets at a grocery store besides food.  Remember the days when the pet aisle was one side of one aisle?  Those days are long gone at Hy-Vee. 

I have to say I am quite impressed with their pet section these days.  And they are very affordable, which is quite important for my rescue.  As you can imagine, we go through a lot of toys.  They had the Loofa Dogs that are so popular, a wide variety of bones and rawhide chews, mallard ducks, leashes, collars, and anything you can imagine for pets.

 

Did you know that holiday gifts for pets cost an average of $10?  Well I found several things for under $10 at Hy-Vee.  Seven out of 10 people buy presents for their puppies and most of those are purchased at the last minute on impulse.  I read an article the other day stating that most people spend an average of $801 for holiday gift giving.  That is actually down 6% from last year.  If folks are really spending that much, then finding affordable things for your pets is important.  Don’t know about you, but I love one stop shopping.  J

 





So what are you getting for your pet this year?  Are you going to be like the 72% that hang a stocking for your pet and put it in there?  I would be a bad parent for human children.  I can’t wait till Christmas to open presents.  Here is a video of my pups playing with the toys I got them this year. Now I have to go get something else for them to open on Christmas day.  J

 

Be Well & Be Happy & Merry Christmas,

Pet~Pourri

2 comments:

  1. I did the same. I found something and couldn't wait till christmas. Now I have to drive to the city again. But the pup had fun. Thanks for sharing the video, Easy would jump into the screen as he heard the noises :o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HAHA...that is awesome. I'm so glad I'm not the only one. We have 9 dogs in the rescue right now and as I was putting the video together they were all trying to figure out where the other dog noises were coming from. Tinkerbell sat in my lap the whole time I was working on it. :)

      Delete